Deadline: November 30, 2018
Applications are open for the WAAW Foundation Scholarships for Young Women in STEM 2018/2019. The WAAW Foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education.
WAAW Foundation scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
WAAW (Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) Foundation is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with an operational office in Wylie, Texas. Their mission is to increase the pipeline of African women entering into Science and Technology fields and ensure they are engaged in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship to benefit Africa.
- Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2018/2019 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
- Open to Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa;
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program;
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa;
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record;
- Below the age of 32 years;
- Graduation date is after December of award year.
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. They will only accept online applications this year. No paper applications will be accepted
- Personal and Contact Information
- Educational background and Family Information
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
For more Information, Visit WAAW Official Website